Boston Engagement Photography
Congratulations on your engagement! We know that this is a special time where you are working out the plans for your wedding celebration. It’s also a special time to take photos! Engagement photos celebrate and commemorate this exciting time in your life, and you want them to be the best they can be. Here are some of our tips on Boston engagement photo shoots:
1. Expect to spend at least 30 minutes to 1 hour with your photographer.
2. There is no “engagement photography season.” These images can be captured any time of year!
3. Wear clothing that represents your style. Plan ahead so that the two of you don’t clash!
4. Professional hair and makeup does wonders! Tell your stylists the look you are going for. It should match your style and attire...not overdone!
5. Select one or two locations that are in close proximity to each other for a diverse background. Our favorites are the Boston Public Garden and Beacon Hill.
6. Permits are important! If you are planning to have your Boston engagement photos taken in the Boston Public Gardens or nearby government locations such as the Charlestown Navy Yard, local beach, college, or university, make sure you contact the correct person to obtain permission.
7. Your photographer should capture you using two different lenses. This provides a greater selection of options with your final photographs.
8. You should receive 20-40 images that are professionally edited. They should be able to be viewed and downloaded for personal use.